YOU HAVE A VISION FOR YOUR LEGACY COBOL SYSTEMS TODAY, AND IN THE FUTURE, TO MEET YOUR CURRENT AND ANTICIPATED REQUIREMENTS.
To stay competitive in today’s fast-paced business world, planning is crucial for your COBOL systems to not only keep pace with?your vision;?but to also enhance your business growth driven by your legacy COBOL?systems.? Today, COBOL can help you keep your vision as it continuously offers state-of-the-art improvements and enhancements. The following information is ?a snapshot of COBOL in use today….?
Of Fortune 500 business systems today are supported by COBOL
Of active code used today is COBOL
Lines of COBOL code are still in use today
Various recently published COBOL articles state the following…
- COBOL supports close to 90% of Fortune 500 business systems today.
- 70% of all critical business logic and information are written in COBOL.
- COBOL is 65% of active code used today; and runs 85% of all business transactions.
- IBM claims 200 billion lines of COBOL?code are still in use today by various industries.
- COBOL is as current and modern as other programming products in the marketplace.
- Thousands of organizations are spending millions on COBOL development and maintenance.
These published COBOL articles further state…
- Sheer cost and effort to replace COBOL is not an acceptable return on investment.
- New IBM software can take legacy COBOL applications to the Cloud and Web environment.
- COBOL legacy programming skills are still very relevant for the next decade.
- 71% of universities surveyed believe companies will rely on COBOL for the next decade.
- ?Between 60% and 80% of all transactions conducted worldwide are done in COBOL.
- Critical COBOL systems are still driving a large number of prestigious companies.